The quest for increased automation is gaining major momentum in the telecom industry. Most service providers already view automation as a strategic goal that will produce significant cost savings. But in fact, it is about much more than cost savings. Automation helps service providers improve their customer experience, streamline operations, minimize customer churn and achieve a competitive edge in a crowded market.
Service Assurance automation is about the ability to provide better service to customers by predicting and preventing potential issues in advance, and resolving those issues more quickly, by leveraging automation to its fullest potential.
TEOCO has been investing in service assurance automation tools for several years. Our Helix Service Assurance solution includes a set of powerful integrated capabilities that help network and service operations center teams to automate network alarm management and performance monitoring processes.
These advanced automation tools support numerous use cases in several application categories:
- Prediction – Helix automatically predicts and detects future network faults and failures, helping service providers to proactively fix problems before they even happen.
- Fault monitoring – For automated alarm normalization, enrichment, and escalation.
- Ticketing – As soon as an alarm is triggered and escalated, the ticketing system can automatically open a trouble ticket and start orchestrating the corresponding flow of actions.
- Correlation – Automatically filter and correlate alarms across different domains and analyze how faults impact services and customers. Machine-learning root-cause analysis is used to automatically identify the source of problems.
- Resolution – Based on the insights gained throughout the process, faults are automatically corrected so function can be restored.
RPA – ROBOTIC PROCESS AUTOMATION
TEOCO utilizes BOTs in our Cost Management and Revenue Assurance solutions to improve business efficiencies and reduce human errors. Software robots (BOTs) help to free up high-value resources to work on high-value tasks. BOTs are powered by Machine Learning, NLP (natural language processing) and simple rule-based algorithms. Business process improvements through use of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) technology also provides a window of insight to future artificial intelligence (AI) workers.
BOTs automate repeatable human tasks. They never get tired, work 24/7 and never miss a day of work.
AUTOMATED NETWORK CONFIGURATION
Networks today require millions of configuration settings to support a mix of 2G, 3G and 4G technologies. 5G deployments will create networks that are double in size, in order to deliver on the growing consumer demand for more data. 5G network slicing will introduce yet another level of complexity. Both the increase of network size and the introduction of new 5G digital services will result in 2-3 times more configuration settings, on top of an already complex configuration challenge.
The ability to identify network integrity issues can be improved by automating the monitoring, auditing, updating and reporting of network configurations. With information available at your fingertips- from reports, dashboards and notifications – mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) can be improved. The automation of network configuration audits frees up engineering time for higher value tasks.
With automated ‘network write’ capabilities, new digital services can be activated and managed automatically.
Contact Us Today
Industries today are becoming more and more complex. 5G digital services will add yet another level of complexity. Automation is required to help service providers cope with this rise in complexity and data volumes, and help drive down operational costs. Contact us today to learn how we can help.