AirborneRF is TEOCO’s connectivity data platform for beyond visual line-of-sight (BVLOS) drone operations in cellular networks, providing valuable information about where drones can fly without losing wireless connectivity.
The use of drones for commercial services in industries including agriculture, transport, insurance, telecommunications and others is expected to increase exponentially, and will provide great opportunities for network operators. Adroit Market Research forecasts a 40.7% CAGR and a market size of $144 Billion by 2025 for the drone market.
Today’s requirement for drones to maintain a line-of-sight view severely limits their market potential, but these rules are expected to change. BVLOS drones will improve the economics and feasibility of many use cases, helping to drive uptake. One of the major challenges, however, is the need for reliable command and control connectivity, which will be required for operation. In many situations, cellular is the most appropriate choice.
The question of, ‘where is it safe to fly BVLOS drones?’ needs answering. Or, more specifically, ‘where is there sufficient cellular connectivity and clear airspace to fly BVLOS drones?’ Operators can answer the cellular connectivity part of that question, and drone services companies are willing to pay for that information.
AirborneRF computes the 3D radio space for safe drone operation of every flight. It delivers that information to Air Traffic Management (ATM) and UAV Traffic Management (UTM) systems in real time. By connecting cellular networks with Aviation systems, AirborneRF enables safe BVLOS services.
For over 5 years, Analysys Mason has consistently ranked TEOCO as one of the largest vendors of network planning and optimization software in their Service Design and Orchestration Systems: Worldwide Market Shares report.
- SAFE UAV OPERATION
- AirborneRF enables safe BVLOS drone services by computing the 3D radio space for safe drone operation by considering cellular network coverage and air safety regulations.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE COMPUTATIONAL TECHNOLOGIES
- The latest high-performance computational technologies allow near real-time processing for large scale 3D radio spaces and enable route recalculations during flight, if necessary.
- IN-FLIGHT MONITORING
- Measurements taken from a moving drone, paired with machine learning-based computations, can adapt and simulate real-world conditions. These can then be used to recalculate a route during flight, if necessary.
- CONSTANT MODEL IMPROVEMENTS
- Measurements collected from drones during flight are used to update and improve the predictive models within AirborneRF, leading to improved accuracy for future flights.
- GLOBAL REACH, LOCAL SUPPORT
- With a local presence through 26 offices in 15 countries across all regions of the world, and a customer base that includes over 300 operators, TEOCO has the scale, expertise and local staff to support you.
- A FUTURE PROOF INVESTMENT
- TEOCO is a well-established, profitable company with a long track record of success. We are not just a planning company, we understand all aspects of your business and build our tools with that in mind.
AirborneRF brings together the mobile network operator’s (MNO) radio network with unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) airspace control to calculate where cellular controlled drones can safely fly.
What our clients say
“Swisscom’s reliable and secure mobile network is ready to support UAVs. Our joint development cooperation will further help us in providing the required levels of mobile broadband connectivity to support safe and reliable flights for UAVs, servicing a wide range of different use cases.”
Dr. Rico Schwendener, Head of Innovation at Swisscom
How can we help?
For over 25 years, TEOCO has helped network operators run state-of-the-art networks and profitable businesses. Learn how we can help you in the areas critical to the success of modern CSPs.