(RAN Optimization & Analytics)
Mentor is a multi-technology RAN optimization and analytics solution leveraging network measurements and geo-location algorithms to deliver advanced network optimization and troubleshooting.
With multiple technologies, vendors and layers in a network, engineers need an end-to-end solution to monitor both the network and the subscriber experience. Using a powerful optimization engine based on mobile measurements, Mentor delivers advanced RAN performance monitoring and optimization, deep-dive troubleshooting and subscriber experience visualization. Extensive analytics capabilities enable analysis across devices, subscribers, and locations, under-pinned by our geo-location engine, which delivers market-leading accuracy by leveraging innovative positioning techniques using transportation, topographic and building data map layers.
For over 5 years, Analysys Mason has consistently ranked TEOCO as one of the largest vendors of network planning and optimization software in their Service Design and Orchestration Systems: Worldwide Market Shares report.
GEO-LOCATION AND OPTIMIZATION
Using geo-located call data, Mentor delivers a comprehensive set of advanced RAN optimization insights to engineers. Capabilities include scrambling code / PCI conflict resolution, neighbor list optimization, antenna parameter optimization (power, tilt and over/undershooting analysis), paging area optimization and swapped sector analysis. Optimization workflows are wizard driven and provide current/optimized plan analysis. Many of Mentor’s optimization capabilities are complimentary to SON systems covering areas not addressed within the SON ecosystem.
MONITORING AND TROUBLESHOOTING
To compliment the optimization capabilities, Mentor provides a number of dashboards for network and subscriber (incl. VIP) experience monitoring and the ability to drill into them for troubleshooting. The dashboards cover key areas such as mobility, device performance, call faults, KPI’s, parameter configuration, system health, subscriber analytics and alarms.
To compliment the RAN optimization capabilities, Mentor provides a number of dashboards for network monitoring and the ability to drill into them for troubleshooting.
- Mobility Dashboard: presenting country-wide views of neighbor list quality, and identifying the worst network elements and geographical areas.
- Device Dashboard: countrywide view of device statistics, including KPIs per device names and vendors, in the network: drop rate, drop count, throughput call count. In the Device Count dashboard a user can view count statistics and the distribution of distinct devices, per device name or device vendor, as well as a trend graph per date. Helping engineers easily identify problematic device types and network/device incompatibilities.
- Call Fault Dashboard: based on network recording logs, this enables both high level reports and detailed analysis for drop calls, establishment failures, low throughput, etc., in areas where counters are not covered. The recorded logs include KPIs per device and identifying problematic devices and subscriber’s identifications, alongside IMSI, model and various faults distributions.
- KPI Analysis Dashboard: displays multiple vendor KPIs allowing drill down on elements and time, as well as performing utilization audits to classify cells.
- Configuration Analysis & Audit Dashboard: presents all RAN parameters, daily configuration history, changes (delta between configuration), and audit capacities with pre-defined alarms based on operator rules. Configuration problems are the primary cause of poor network performance, resolution directly drives improved customer QoE
- RAN Subscriber Analytics Dashboard: analyzes subscriber (VIPs) experience through a variety of KPIs (throughput, coverage, quality, drops etc.) that are related to specific subscribers.
- System Health Dashboard: analyzes the collected and processed logs data for UMTS RNCs and LTE eNodeBs. RNCs and eNodeBs which lack collected and processed logs data are also highlighted.
- Alarms Dashboard: shows detailed alarm information such as raised time, dropped time, severity, alarmed element, specific problems, and probable cause. In the KPI Analysis dashboard, the number of alarms, grouped by severity, are correlated with KPI trends helping engineers see immediately if poorly performing elements have active alarms.
Automatic Problem Detection enables automatic detection of geo-graphical polygons with problems using rules made up of a combination of cell KPIs and geo-located information. The detected problems are assigned a severity level to enable the engineers to focus on the most severe service-affecting cases first. Ad-hoc filtering for map queries enables engineers to customize maps on the fly to show the most pertinent information to their investigation. Hadoop delivers the scalability and application performance required to support the largest and most complex networks.
MENTOR ON HADOOP
In addition to Oracle, Mentor can now also run on Hadoop, providing a number of key benefits:
- Scalability – Ensures future support for the ever expanding 2G/3G/4G/5G RAN networks including the largest Tier 1 networks
- Application performance – Improved performance of queries for faster creation of maps and histograms, up to 40x faster in some cases
- Reduced costs – Open-source software and commodity hardware results in reduced costs. ~30% saving on 3rd party HW and SW for a 100 RNC network system
- Higher retention periods – Enable longer data retention periods at a much lower storage cost giving engineers more insights into historical data when troubleshooting issues
- Increased accuracy – Higher map and histogram accuracy since they can now be based on full data sets and not sampled data
LTE NETWORK OPTIMIZATION
Mentor provides comprehensive LTE network optimization and troubleshooting capabilities to ensure efficient utilization and maximum performance of deployed equipment.
Mentor supports LTE, UMTS and GSM networks
- Mixed vendor networks
- Multi-RAT geo-location
- Multi-RAT analysis: composite LTE-3G-2G calls, maps, KPIs