Quality of Service. Quality of Experience. Customer Satisfaction. Simply put, businesses and consumers expect high quality service – all the time. Connectivity has become the lifeblood of almost everything we do, making lengthy outages and recurring service problems unacceptable. To meet these expectations, your Network and Service Operations Centers (NOC and SOC) must be able to investigate, prioritize and resolve customer-impacting issues faster than ever. Efficient fault management plays a vital role in assuring customer satisfaction and business growth, especially with the introduction of hybrid, NFV powered 5G networks.
Helix Fault Management (FM) is a centralized system for managing faults and alarms in complex carrier networks. As part of the Helix Service Assurance platform, it provides deep network visibility and an array of advanced tools, enabling communications service providers (CSPs) to prevent predicted problems, act upon alerts in real-time, determine the root-cause of issues and automate the resolution process.
- ANALYTICS-DRIVEN INSIGHTS
- Prepare your NOC for 5G. Equip your engineers with analytics tools that will help them deal with the complexity of network faults and the influx of events as part of their daily work.
- FAST CORRELATION AND RESOLUTION
- Locate the source of complex network problems and expedite their repair with machine-learning tools that analyze historic and current alarms, automatically grouping, correlating, and tagging the potential root-cause.
- CLOSED-LOOP AUTOMATION
- Future-proof your network. Get the diagnostic and investigative tools that help your operations teams automate fault monitoring, correlation, ticketing and resolution – and close the loop with restorative actions.
- STREAMLINED NOC PROCESSES
- Streamline your NOC processes to better manage, diagnose and resolve network faults, with tools that reduce the need to maintain pre-defined rules, minimize user intervention, and optimize the activities of your NOC experts.
- PREDICTION AND PREVENTION
- Proactively identify developing problems and predict their potential impact on services and customers. Enable corrective measures and maintenance planning to prevent future problems.
- SCALABLE, MODULAR SOLUTION
- Deploy only the fault management tools you currently need, then ‘scale as you grow’ to support more: use cases, capacity, network technologies, services and automation.
MACHINE-LEARNING ROOT-CAUSE ANALYSIS
Your NOC team has a limited number of technical experts who work to maintain a complex set of alarm rules and prioritize the increasing flux of daily events. TEOCO’s Machine-Learning Root Cause Analysis (ML-RCA) is a valuable tool designed to assist your team with adaptive mechanisms that help to quickly locate the source of problems. By analyzing both historic and current alarms, it automatically suggests groupings and correlations, and tags the potential root-cause among them.
DETECT OUTLIERS AND UPCOMING PROBLEMS
NOCs and SOCs tend to concentrate on addressing the most current, active alarms – with an emphasis on fixing the most severe. But hidden beneath the surface, there could be underlying issues developing that might not be reflected in a list of active alarms. Helix® FM detects these emerging problems before they escalate, assigning Trend and Anomaly scores to areas that are constantly being analyzed within the network. Our proprietary algorithm automatically detects when these network entities develop high scores, triggering notifications, diagnostics and corrective actions.
PRIORITIZE AND FOCUS ON IMPORTANT ALARMS
NOC and SOC teams are expected to cope with a constantly increasing number of network alarms. To address this growing challenge, Helix® FM includes a machine-learning powered tool that reduces alarm ‘noise’. Based on a comprehensive analysis of alarm history and repair actions, it automatically prioritizes alarms so NOC/SOC teams become more efficient by focusing their valuable resources on the most important alarms, and shorten the time it takes to resolve them.
THE AUTOMATED NOC
When services (or their underlying network elements) are compromised, most of the downtime is spent analyzing data and events to identify which areas need correction. Helix® FM provides an integrated set of tools that significantly reduce downtime, streamlining the process of managing, diagnosing and resolving network faults. By providing end-to-end alarm correlations, automatically creating rules and sending corrective measures to the network, NOC teams use Helix® FM to implement closed-loop operational processes with automatic and semi-automatic fault correction.
Alexander Tseytlin, SVP Maintenance, Rostelecom
Inacio Fumo, Technical
Our customers trust in our ability to analyse information, unveil profitable knowledge, and offer products that power smarter operations. At TEOCO, we are client-driven and committed to ensuring substantial return on investment for every project. We truly believe that your success is ours, and we constantly innovate to make sure that you stay at the forefront of industry trends.
How can we help?
For over 25 years, TEOCO has helped network operators run state-of-the-art networks and profitable businesses. Learn how we can help you in the areas critical to the success of modern CSPs.