ASSET Backhaul is a wireless backhaul network planning tool providing microwave link planning, path profiling, frequency and interference analysis and routing and capacity optimization.
As wireless traffic grows and technology changes, radio network designs need tweaking. This requires carriers to assess and optimize their backhaul designs. For high data capacity technologies such as 5G and LTE, backhaul consumes a significant proportion of a site’s overall costs, so creating an optimal backhaul plan can have a positive impact – not just on network performance, but also on CAPEX spend.
Additionally, small cells provide numerous transmission planning challenges due to their high capacity requirements and deployment in dense urban locations. Technologies from copper-to-fiber, and specialized microwave technologies, such as point-to-multi-point links, non-line-of-sight links all need to be assessed to find the best backhaul solution.
ASSET Backhaul provides complete backhaul network planning and includes all wireless backhaul technologies, including point-to-multipoint, non-line-of-sight, and micro and millimeter wave radio support. This, coupled with its ability to rank candidate locations based on backhaul requirements, makes it your ideal solution for small cell backhaul planning.
For over five years, Analysys Mason has consistently ranked TEOCO as one of the largest vendors of network planning and optimization software in their Service Design and Orchestration Systems: Worldwide Market Shares report.
- COMPREHENSIVE FEATURE SET
- Providing microwave link planning, path profiling, frequency and interference analysis, and routing and capacity optimization. Pathloss and fading algorithms are aligned to industry standard ITU recommendations.
- READY TO SUPPORT 5G NETWORKS
- Support for optical, copper and wireless backhaul technologies, including point-to-multipoint, non-line-of-sight, and micro and millimeter wave radios, to support dense, urban 5G radio deployments.
- STRONG INTEGRATION CAPABILITIES
- More than “just a microwave planning tool”, built to integrate with existing systems for efficient planning and an end-to-end view of the network.
- DEVELOPED IN THE FIELD
- Extensive input from our consultancy services division has resulted in a user-friendly tool, tuned to deliver efficient planning workflows for engineers.
- GLOBAL REACH, LOCAL SUPPORT
- With a local presence through 26 offices in 15 countries across all regions of the world, and a customer base that includes over 300 operators, TEOCO has the scale, expertise and local staff to support you.
- A FUTURE-PROOF INVESTMENT
- TEOCO is a well-established and profitable company with a long track record of success. We are not just a planning company, we understand all aspects of your business and build our tools with that in mind.
ASSET Backhaul equips engineers with powerful capabilities to design high performance, cost-effective backhaul networks.
“TEOCO’s market leading position in Engineering Systems reflects the success of its extensive network planning and optimization solution set, built by some very cohesive acquisitions and integrated effectively to form a leading portfolio”
– Analysys Mason
How can we help?
For over 25 years, TEOCO has helped network operators run state-of-the-art networks and profitable businesses. Learn how we can help you in the areas critical to the success of modern CSPs.