INsync is an edge analytics tool that provides actionable intelligence into the digital customer experience.
As new OTT applications and digital services are introduced, subscriber and network behavior changes. Service providers need to understand and plan for these changes to better support their network and their subscribers – yet carriers are often left in the dark with regards to what services and apps are being used and when. The ability to gain this actionable intelligence is indispensable for service providers to deliver on savings and monetization goals, and improve network performance.
- USE CASES ACROSS YOUR ORGANIZATION
- Perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting of customer care and engineering issues. Improve marketing and business intelligence.
- EDGE COMPUTING
- INsync’s distributed architecture inherently reduces costs and is not weighed down by the performance and scale limitations of legacy architectures.
- REAL TIME ANALYTICS
- Monitor, diagnose, predict & protect with real-time insights. Perform root cause analysis to isolate where issues originate within the value chain, and then troubleshoot.
- MACHINE LEARNING
- Perform advanced analytics with machine learning, auto discovery, MOS and forecasting, to enable actionable intelligence. Understand your customers better so you can compete – and win – on customer experience.
- ENCRYPTED DATA FLOWS
- Analyze fully encrypted (and non-encrypted) applications and data.
- SUPPORTS ALL DIGITAL SERVICES
- Mobile, Wi-Fi, video and fixed services can be analyzed by all stakeholders using the same INsync platform.
INsync is an umbrella real time digital subscriber analytics solution that bridges the information gap many service providers experience today. Delivering automated analytics that identify network cost savings opportunities and helping you monetize your network in new ways.
How can we help?
For over 25 years, TEOCO has helped network operators run state-of-the-art networks and profitable businesses. Learn how we can help you in the areas critical to the success of modern CSPs.