This person will be responsible for architecting, designing and developing carrier-grade solutions for the Telecommunications marketplace. We’re looking for someone who has a broad and a deep understanding of the Java/JavaEE and Oracle disciplines; .Net experience is plus. You must be able to work with internal and external clients to identify the business needs and lead a team of software engineers in delivering high quality solutions within a timely manner. The position requires a hands-on, practical approach to problem solving, including code development when needed in addition to design and architecture. You must be able to lead, manage and drive multiple technical solutions in parallel.
- Architect, design, and develop carrier-grade solutions for the Telecommunications marketplace. This includes new product development and enhancing existing products.
- Lead a team of developers and coordinate activities concerned with detailed design, development, unit testing, and scheduling
- Consult with internal and external organizations and clients to analyze and understand the product vision, objectives, success criteria, requirements, and desired features.
- Work with the business team to define, analyze and understand business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Produce and review product design for compliance with software requirements, design principles, coding standards, and related specifications.
- Must have hands on ability to convert requirements, designs and other technical specifications into code
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Work with project management to define milestones, manage issues and risks
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience architecting, designing and developing carrier-grade software
- 10+ years of deep, hands-on Java/JavaEE experience, specifically EJB, Servlets, JSP, JMS, Web Services, JDBC/ Hibernate, JBOSS
- 10 + years of Oracle and SQL, including data modelling
- 10+ years of application development experience in all tiers; user interface, business, server, database layers
- 5+ years of experience with web application development
- Broad understanding of current web technology trends
- Big Data experience is a plus
- .Net experience is a plus
- Unix experience is a plus
- Telecommunications background is a plus
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
Apply for Software Architect