Senior Device Test Engineer
The Senior Test Engineer requires the application of practical and theoretical knowledge of engineering concepts.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will provide quality project deliverables under the direction of Radio Test Manager.
- Validating mobile devices across multiple wireless technologies: 5G-NR, LTE, NB-IOT, UMTS, GSM CDMA, EV-DO etc.
- Testing will include Protocol, RF Performance, Network Selection, Data Throughput Performance, Application Testing and other areas to verify functional readiness between the device and network
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge and understanding of operator acceptance test requirements across the major US operators (i.e., AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint)
- Reporting defects per project requirement and managing necessary follow up including fix verification, updating defect database and tracking defects through resolution
- Working with test systems from the top test equipment vendors (Spirent, Keysight/Anite, R&S and Anritsu)
- Set up and utilization of device flashing software and collecting log files using vendor provided tools as well as industry tools like QxDM, Wireshark, etc.
- Maintain technical knowledge in mobile systems: GSM/GPRS, UMTS, WCDMA, and LTE
- Assist in developing test strategies to enhance our test methodologies and helping to ensure quality deliveries to our customers
- Training and supporting junior testers as required
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a closely related field
- 2 years’ experience in Device Testing or a similar field preferred (Cellular infrastructure software development/testing, Conformance testing, Quality Assurance, etc.)
- 2 years’ experience with R&S Protocol and Performance test equipment. i.e. R&S PQA, CMW500, etc.
- Experience with T-Mobile 3038 and/or AT&T 10776 radio testing
- Mobile device vendor test experience
- Cellular network radio planning or handset transceiver design experience
- Ability to learn new device logging and flashing software
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Effective interpersonal and presentation skills, both written and verbal
Apply for Senior Device Test Engineer