Ran Dev Ops Engineer
LOCATION : Bellevue, WA / Reston, VA / Overland, KS
This person will be responsible for driving the customer business initiatives forward working with the national and regional engineering teams and to provide onsite support to configuration management applications currently being used by the customer.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Work with APIs and interpret their data
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support
- Liaise with vendors, developers and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Responsible for turning market requirements from customers into technical requirements which provide enough detail for Software Developers to create software designs.
- Interpret data, analyzing results using statistical techniques.
- Analyze data, look for patterns and trends using statistical techniques.
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Identify patterns and trends in data sets.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases.
- Define new data collection and analysis processes.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL, PL/SQL experience, and working knowledge of Oracle or other databases.
- Experience in a software system development environments
- Experience with REST APIs and knowledge interpreting JSON and XML data
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used in the management of mobile networks
- Experience with SQL and working knowledge of Oracle or other databases.
- Ability to analyze large datasets
- Experience with any scripting language such as Python, JS, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby etc.
- Good understanding of Operating Systems (Unix/Linux), Networks, and System Administration.
- Knowledge in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g. Tomcat, Jboss, etc.)
- Knowledge with Alteryx or any other data analytics tool, as well as with monitoring systems and dashboard (e.g. Kibana, Tableau)
- Knowledge with automation software (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, cfengine, Chef)
- Familiar with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Cloud experience is a plus
- Familiarity with telecom engineering concepts for various wireless technologies including GSM, UMTS, LTE, NR
- Familiarity of RAN configuration management for GSM, UMTS, LTE, NR is a plus
- Familiarity with Network Planning tools like Asset, Atoll and Planet is a plus
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology in solving business problems and to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to effectively convey technical know-how to customers
- Attention to details
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Access)
Note: This role is on-site in Bellevue, WA or Reston, VA or Overland Park, KS, USA so the person will have to be willing to relocate to one of the locations.
Apply for Ran Dev Ops Engineer