Network Provisioner – Team Lead
The Transport Engineering Services team is responsible for placing and coordinating network orders and managing circuit inventory with multiple vendors on behalf of TEOCO’s clients.
The Network Provisioning Team Lead is responsible for executing and overseeing key provisioning functions in support of client network expansion and optimization projects and for providing general oversight and assistance to other provisioners assigned to the team. The Team Lead serves as the primary point of contact with the client regarding project status and reporting, manages escalations, provides problem resolution, manages workload distribution for the team, and assesses staffing and training needs for the team.
- Plan and develop policies and procedures to ensure operating quality and efficiency of the provisioning team.
- Make recommendations regarding staffing and training needs for the team.
- Support the hiring, training, supervision and development of employees within the team.
- Manage workload, designate work assignments, and ensure that all work is completed timely and accurately.
- Analyze and respond to business problems impacting the team or project.
- Serve as a point of contact in the escalation process for unresolved issues arising from the provisioning process.
- Serve as a back-up to provisioners to meet project and/or time deadlines or to facilitate process evaluations. This includes order placement of Ethernet, dark fiber, NNIs, long-haul, cross-connects and interconnect circuits, and updating TEOCO and client databases and systems to include work orders, inventory, and order management.
- Serve as the client project manager and provide regular reports to the client and team.
EXPERIENCE & REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- 6 to 10 years of experience in network provisioning and inventory management in telecommunications / wireless.
- 5 years of network engineering and/or circuit design experience preferred
- Experience working with a variety of service providers, order and inventory systems.
- Project Management experience on major telecom projects preferred
- Knowledge of the associated industry procedures and protocols for service provisioning, including ASRs, FOCs and DLRs.
- Experience interfacing with Network Operations groups for circuit test and turn-up.
- Proficiency in the use of network inventory databases used in the telecommunications industry.
- Proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good organizational and documentation skills.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree from a college, technical school, or business school.
- Recent vendor or industry training in network technologies and systems
- Organized and analytical approach to managing information.
- Ability to handle multiple complex issues
- Attention to detail and follow-through on assignments.
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of people in a receptive and tactful manner.
- Able to work independently and resolve problems.
- Possess high standards for quality of work.
- Able to learn and employ new software quickly
- Able to maintain a high level of productivity.
Apply for Network Provisioner – Team Lead