Junior Device Protocol Engineer
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide quality project deliverables under the direction of Quality Assurance Test Manager.
- Testing handsets for application functionality, including AT&T iQi/CIQ, SIM OTA, GSIM features, Bluetooth, Android Security, Streaming, Tethering, etc.
- Reporting defects per project requirement and managing necessary follow up including fix verification, updating defect database and tracking defects through resolution.
- Set-up and utilization of device flashing SW and collecting log files using vendor provided and industry tools like QxDM, QPST and Android SDK
- Executing lab/field test cases focused on the voice and mobility network inter-operability on new and/or existing devices.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with the following mobile systems: GSM/GPRS, UMTS, LTE, LBS is a plus
- 1 year experience in Device Testing or similar preferred (BSS SW, Wireless Quality Assurance) or 1 year experience in IT with working knowledge of cellular networks.
- Ability to learn new device logging and flashing software.
- Good hands on skills with PCs.
- Proficient with MS Word and Excel.
- Investigation and logging of common technical issues found during tests, produce report
- To review issues coming in from 3rd party Orgs & Labs and our internal Field test staff, to ensure the issues are repeatable.
- Edit test cases as needed. Run test case differently if required.
- Ability to be thorough and methodical and to all exhaust efforts to ensure defects are true defects before assigning to development.
- Capturing logs of new and existing issues found in the field, document the issues and steps for reproduction and/or escalate the issues with Team Lead and/or development engineers for resolution.
- Effective interpersonal communications and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Other Field Test responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ability to work 2nd shift and weekends is a must
- Bachelors of Science in Electronic Engineering, Communications Engineering, Computer Science is a plus or Associates degree
Apply for Junior Device Protocol Engineer