Senior HR Generalist
We’re looking for a qualified and resourceful Senior HR Generalist to join our HR team, who will support efficient business operations across the UK, Europe and South Africa. The role will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities. The key areas of focus will be daily operations and recruitment. The role will include the ability to work with cross-functional business teams worldwide. You will report to the Regional HR Director and provide on-site support to achieve the HR team’s strategic objectives on a range of different projects and responsibilities. You will help implement innovative solutions aimed at managing organizational change, engaging employees, increasing organizational effectiveness and strategically managing talent.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A relevant qualification or equivalent appropriate HR degree.
- At least 8 years HR experience in a similar environment.
- Good working knowledge of UK employment legislation (Europe & South Africa a plus).
- Resourceful, problem-solving can do attitude with a thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies.
- Excellent communication skills, ethics and cultural awareness.
- Detail orientated and a peoples person looking to further their career in the exciting world of HR.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience working with an HRIS and comfortable learning new systems.
- Partner with Team Leaders to have their hiring needs approved and then work with senior leadership to approve offers being extended.
- Prepare job descriptions and advertise open roles.
- Work with HR leadership to select the appropriate recruitment method.
- Drive the interview process: Screen and interview applicants, to drafting, and sending offers & employment contracts.
- Support new hires and team leaders through the on-boarding and induction processes, including 90 day goal setting, probation reviews and ongoing reviews of performance.
- Be the first point of contact for employee queries. Share guidance on relation matters and provide first line counselling support (Absence management, Conduct, Capability, Grievances).
- Manage the annual and interim performance review processes and make sure timelines are met.
- Work with team leaders to recognize performance concerns.
- Work with HR leadership to conduct workplace investigations and resolve complex disciplinary challenges.
- Co-ordinate and attend disciplinary meetings and hearings. Working with external consultants and organisations when needed.
- Keep up with trends, legislation and best practices within the HR industry to optimise service.
PAYROLL & BENEFITS
- Work in partnership with the finance team and outsourced payroll partners to process monthly payroll.
- Own company benefits including pension, healthcare, vacation, life assurance, eye-care, and providing reports when needed to keep up with compliance.
- Drive annual benefit renewals and tax compliance (P11D’s, P60’s, Pension auto-enrolment, BUPA).
- Support with the co-ordination and processing of salary reviews and bonuses.
- Manage global reward programs locally.
POLICIES, PROCESSES & DOCUMENTTION
- Maintain HR Policies and Handbooks, and updating them in line with legislative changes.
- Participation in improving processes, systems and reporting to support the business.
- Manage and control the accuracy and integrity of data in the HRIS and ensure governance practices are met.
- Support documentation for global auditing processes and compliance.
- Maintain employee records, including gathering documentation as part of the on-boarding process (References, Right to work checks, Occupational Health Assessments, Desk Assessments).
- Responsible for employee well-being and engagement including arranging and co-ordinate team-building and company social activities.
- Analysing attendance records and sharing findings (Vacation, Sick Leave). Managing queries, and sharing standard reports for ongoing employee requests.
- Manage the off-boarding process, including exit interviews.
- Partner with local leadership to ensure all aspects of the building & facilities and are aligned with expectations and work with external maintenance vendors to resolve urgent escalations.
- Create purchases orders and facilitate payment of invoices for the HR team.
- Ensure Health & Safety requirements are kept up to date on a continued basis.
- Process relocations and ensure compliance with immigration requirements and work with external consultants to support the process.
- Manage the company’s skilled workers visa sponsorship licence.
- Carrying out such other duties as may be reasonably requested by leadership.
The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
Apply for Senior HR Generalist