(RAN Optimization & Analytics)
Mentor is a RAN optimization and analytics software tool that leverages network measurements and geolocation to deliver radio access resource optimization and troubleshooting.
With multiple technologies, vendors and layers in a network, engineers need an end-to-end solution to monitor both the network and the subscriber experience. Using a powerful optimization engine based on mobile measurements, Mentor delivers advanced RAN optimization and performance monitoring, deep-dive troubleshooting and subscriber experience visualization. Extensive analytics capabilities enable analysis across devices, subscribers, and locations, under-pinned by our geolocation engine, which delivers market-leading accuracy.
MENTOR ON HADOOP
In addition to Oracle, Mentor can now also run on Hadoop, providing a number of key benefits:
- Scalability – Ensures future support for the ever expanding 2G/3G/4G/5G RAN networks including the largest Tier 1 networks
- Application performance – Improved performance of queries for faster creation of maps and histograms, up to 40x faster in some cases
- Reduced costs – Open-source software and commodity hardware results in reduced costs. ~30% saving on 3rd party HW and SW for a 100 RNC network system
- Higher retention periods – Enable longer data retention periods at a much lower storage cost giving engineers more insights into historical data when troubleshooting issues
- Increased accuracy – Higher map and histogram accuracy since they can now be based on full data sets and not sampled data
Mentor supports LTE, UMTS and GSM networks
- Mixed vendor networks
- Multi-RAT Geolocation
- Multi-RAT Analysis: Composite LTE-3G-2G calls, maps, KPIs
GEO-LOCATION & VISUALIZATION
Our proprietary geolocation and visualization technology uses advanced positioning techniques and algorithms. It accurately locates and correlates network and subscriber data into an integrated and intuitive geo-display for targeted analysis, troubleshooting and optimization. Engineers, managers, and customer support representatives can seamlessly integrate these GeoMaps into their daily work flow for an accurate view of their network and to quickly identify traffic hotspots, quality degradation, coverage holes, and more. Our highly customizable design maximizes flexibility to investigate trends, conduct root-cause analysis, and uncover untapped potential.
- Intuitive single client GUI with fast investigation
- Geolocate and classify all call events
- Maps: Heatmaps, Thematic Sectors, Call + Events
- Filters:Filter maps and statistics by device capabilities to investigate the performance of specific network slices
- Tables: Calls, Events, KPIs, Properties
- Virtual Drive Tests: Cross technology GSM/UMTS/LTE virtual drive test queries
- All Calls: Capture and store all calls for query retrieval
RAN OPTIMIZATION AND ANALYTICS
Using geolocated call data, Mentor delivers a comprehensive set of advanced RAN optimization insights to engineers. Capabilities include scrambling code / PCI conflict resolution, neighbor list optimization, antenna parameter optimization (power, tilt and over/undershooting analysis) and swapped sector analysis. Optimization workflows are wizard driven and provide current/optimized plan analysis. Mentor also automatically generates scripts for optimization recommendation implementation.
Mentor features a number of advanced capabilities to increase engineering efficiency. Threshold-Crossing Alarms enables users to view sectors with KPI values that violate pre-defined rules. This enables the user to focus on the problematic cells in the network. Automatic Problem Detection enables automatic detection of geographical polygons with problems using rules made up of a combination of cell KPIs and geolocated information. The detected problems are assigned a severity level to enable the user to focus on the most severe service-affecting cases first.
To compliment the RAN optimization capabilities, Mentor provides a number of dashboards for network monitoring and the ability to drill into them for troubleshooting.
- Mobility Dashboard: presenting country-wide views of neighbor list quality, and identifying the worst network elements and geographical areas.
- Devices Dashboard: countrywide view of device statistics, including KPIs per device names and vendors, in the network: drop rate, drop count, throughput call count. In the Device Count dashboard a user can view count statistics and the distribution of distinct devices, per device name or device vendor, as well as a trend graph per date. Helping engineers easily identify problematic device types and network/device incompatibilities.
- Call Fault Dashboard: based on network recording logs, this enables both high level reports and detailed analysis for drop calls, establishment failures, low throughput, etc., in areas where counters are not covered. The recorded logs include KPIs per device and identifying problematic devices and subscriber’s identifications, alongside IMSI, model and various faults distributions.
- KPI Analysis Dashboard: displays multiple vendor KPIs allowing drill down on elements and time, as well as performing utilization audits to classify cells.
- Configuration Analysis & Audit Dashboard: presenting all RAN parameters, daily configuration history, changes (delta between configuration), and audit capacities with pre-defined alarms based on operator rules.Configuration problems are the primary cause of poor network performance, resolution directly drives improved customer QoE
- RAN Subscriber Analytics Dashboard: analyzes subscriber (VIPs) experience through a variety of KPIs (throughput, coverage, quality, drops etc.) that are related to specific subscribers.
LTE NETWORK OPTIMIZATION
Mentor provides comprehensive LTE network optimization and troubleshooting capabilities to ensure efficient utilization and maximum performance of deployed equipment. Some LTE capabilities include:
- Geolocated LTE coverage maps: Understand indoor/outdoor coverage, throughput and problems in LTE deployments
- Classification of LTE traffic: Where is the most important LTE traffic? Where are issues observed?
- Virtual LTE drive tests: Reduce drive test costs by 50%, measure real-life subscriber experience.
- Maximize LTE throughput: Maximize CAPEX effectiveness, analysis and optimization to maximize throughput.