ASSET Capacity (previously known as DIMENSION) is an end-to-end network capacity planning tool providing network visualization, capacity management and scenario planning (what-if analysis and forecasting). It lets you model and visualize your entire multi-vendor and multi-layer network topology in one place, from RAN to Core and Transmission. Multiple planners are able to work simultaneously, understanding the network connectivity, identifying capacity bottlenecks and planning the end-to-end network faster and more accurately.
ASSET Capacity allows the capacity resources of the base stations and controllers, as well as their interfaces, to be seamlessly dimensioned based on historical traffic data. It also enables traffic routing, both automatically and manually, as multiple traffic streams per site on the physical layer and on the various logical layers. It also allows quick what-if analysis and powerful scenario planning to help you identify the best plan to meet forecasted network growth.
For 2016, Analysys Mason again ranked TEOCO as the largest vendor of network planning and optimization software.
ASSET Capacity is part of the TEOCO planning portfolio, a set of tightly integrated tools to make the entire planning process as seamless as possible. The other products in the portfolio include ASSET (radio planning), ASSET Design (automated network design), ASSET Geo (geo-located traffic maps) and ASSET Backhaul (backhaul planning).
ASSET Capacity provides all the functionality to ensure cost-effective network design and dimensioning:
MOBILE AND TRANSMISSION DIMENSIONING
- Radio dimensioning of baseband units and licenses
- Multi-layer transmission dimensioning and automatic routing
- Seamless radio to transmission dimensioning
ASSET Capacity MODULES:
- End-to-end visualization module: Build or import and visualize the end-to-end network topology in different layers. Create plots and reports. Create multiple projects and scenarios. SNMP auto-discovery capabilities and automatic loading of network topology data from the live network.
- Network dimensioning module: Dimension base station baseband units and licenses. Calculate the traffic on the mobile network. Generate traffic from the mobile layer to be used for transmission planning.
- Traffic forecasting module: Forecast traffic by trending historical performance management data.
- Transmission planning module: Plan the end-to-end multi-layer transmission network. Manual and automatic routing. Identify bottlenecks and plan capacity upgrades. Create routing and bottleneck reports.
FORECASTING AND SCENARIO PLANNING
- Forecast base station and link traffic based on historical traffic data
- Vendor agnostic
- Use traffic forecasting in dimensioning and scenario planning
- What-if scenario planning for traffic growth, technology evolution and network expansions
- Easy scenario comparison and merge
- Ability to create any number of different scenarios for a given project
- Quick and easy visualization of the entire network in multiple layers
- Both logical and physical data including basic inventory (cards, ports, addresses, etc.)
- Neighborhood view for easy navigation of the physical and logical connectivity
- Load and visualize KPIs from a performance management system along with planning data
COMPLETE NETWORK MODELING
- Multi-vendor, multi-domain coverage
- All radio technologies
- All transmission technologies
MULTI-USER ACCESS AND SECURITY
- Private and public project option
- Multi-user environment on Oracle database
- Single user option without the need for Oracle
- GSM/GPRS, UMTS/HSPA, LTE/EPC
- PDH/SDH, IP/MPLS/ETH, Optical/DWDM, MW
- Physical layer, Circuits and Services
- Static and dynamic routing based on routing topologies and tables
- OSPF/IS-IS/BGP protocol modeling
- Ethernet switching based on switching table configurations
- Routing domain and group modeling
- IP and MAC address modeling and visualization
- IP/Eth protocol stack modeling
- VRF, L2 VPN, VPLS modeling & visualization
- VRF/VPLS traffic-based analysis and network dimensioning
- Router, switch and interface throughput related parameter calculations and bottleneck identification
- Vendor independent modeling
- Site, node, sub-rack, card, port, link modeling
- Port to port connectivity
- Functional status (In/Out-of-Service) and planning status (Planned/Commissioned/Live) modeling