TEOCO (The Employee Owned Company) is a leading provider of assurance and analytics solutions to communications service providers worldwide. By taming the glut of telecom network, operational and business data, TEOCO leverages its expertise and ‘big data’ and ‘real-time’ capabilities to analyze and optimize network and business performance. We help over 100 of the largest service providers around the world to run their businesses more efficiently and effectively by delivering solutions service providers require to remain competitive and profitable in rapidly evolving industry.
TEOCO is devoted to constant innovation. We are setting new standards in technology solutions, with a strategic emphasis on growing an organization that puts people and planning before profits. The core ethical values that were adopted when TEOCO was founded remain our guiding principles today. We take great pride in our work and in providing meaningful business results for our customers.
- 1995 – TEOCO was established because of our founder Atul Jain’s intense desire to build a company with the highest degree of business ethics. TEOCO’s initial focus was to provide high quality consultancy for engineering and IT projects based on the principle: “understanding your business is our business.” Mobil was our first client; soon, Siemens, Cable & Wireless, SRA, TRW, and Freddie Mac joined the client list.
- 1998 – A watershed year – TEOCO made the momentous decision to enter the telecommunications industry. We also decided to diversify from consultancy to product development and acquired a fledgling software product to process invoices of telecom payables. This product would eventually grow into TEOCO’s best-selling network cost management software, BillTrak Pro.
- 2000 – TEOCO had to go through a process of soul-searching and course correction. We reviewed our business choices, formalized our purpose and core values, refocused on employee happiness and strengthened our leadership team – with Philip Giuntini joining as Vice-Chairman and President. The resulting turnaround was swift.
- 2002 – TEOCO began migrating from software licensing to a software-as-a-service model.
- 2002 – 2004 – TEOCO solidified its position in the telecom sector. Existing products and services were improved and new products were developed. TEOCO’s patented XTrak technology, the core of our invoice automation solution, was introduced in 2004. As a result, our clientele grew; our reputation grew too.
- 2005 – TEOCO invited John Devolites to join the leadership team as Vice-President and General Manager.
- 2006 – TEOCO acquired its respected rival, Vibrant Solutions. This purchase brought valuable cost management and business intelligence assets into TEOCO. Acquisitions don’t just bring assets and experts; they also bring synergy. TEOCO’s SONAR solution for cost, revenue, and customer analytics is an example of the tremendous energy unleashed following the Vibrant acquisition.
- 2007 – TEOCO experienced another kind of positive energy in 2007 when TEOCO Software Pvt. Ltd. opened its office in Kolkata, India.
- 2008 – An exceptionally eventful year. In May 2008, TEOCO won its legal battle with Razorsight Corp., involving a settlement of US$4.5 million, after it was established that Razorsight had illegally used TEOCO’s intellectual property. In October 2008, we completed our acquisition of Vero Systems; this acquisition added routing management to TEOCO’s repertoire of communication service provider solutions.
- 2009 – TA Associates completes US$60 million minority investment in TEOCO. As our first institutional investor, TEOCO found a partner that will strengthen the company without changing the culture of our organization.
- 2010 – TEOCO successfully acquires TTI Telecom, a global supplier of Service Assurance solutions to communications service providers.
- 2011 – TEOCO achieves 233% growth and is awarded the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for the 2nd year in a row.