The FD Americas will be responsible for the Regional finance operations and Corporate accounting function, reporting to VP Finance and based at our Corporate headquarters office in Fairfax, VA. The role may require international travel from time to time. He/She will also manage the regional finance team and will work with other various parts in the global organization.
Qualified candidates must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills, great oral and written skills, good working knowledge of US GAAP, with various revenue recognition methodology concepts (technology sector), share-based compensation, income tax accounting, complex consolidation and foreign currency.
Candidates must also be able demonstrate flexibility while delivering clear results and ability to work under pressure in multiple team members environment.
Possible candidates must come from IT/Professional Services, Construction or Technology industries background – not from Government Contracting nor Financial Services (Investment, Bank, Insurance companies).
- Based in Fairfax office, the FD Americas will serve as a finance leader for North and South Americas finance operations. He/She will interface with all areas of the business and with the Executive team, functioning as a true business partner with the goal of positively driving the overall business.
- Collaborate with VP Finance and other executive leaders to prepare analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly financial reviews and quarterly executive meetings.
- Manage the Americas finance team (8) and several other Corporate staff members, collaborate with the management team to provide value-added insight into the business.
- Serve as global audit leader, coordinate and manage compliance topics with various auditors and consultants.
- Oversee a preparation of monthly reporting packages for multiple entities that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive explanations of differences, highlighting risks and opportunities evident in financial results.
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that align with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Participate in development and coordination of the company’s annual budget planning process.
- Manage the regional forecasting process, including revenue and cash flow forecasts.
- Develop financial models to assist the leadership team with management decision making.
- Provide assistance in financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions, new product development, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects.
- Partner across the organization to document short and long-term business plans and provide insights to drive performance improvements.
- Cooperate with other regional finance teams to complete financial statements close process as needed, including providing assistance with financial statement review and coordination of adjustments or corrections identified as part of the monthly business review of financial statements.
- Other leadership functions as required.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or equivalent is essential.
- Both strategic and hands-on, creative thinker and fast learner. Highly organized, with excellent attention to detail.
- Expert with financial tools including Excel, PowerPoint and business systems (SAP, Sales Force, Business Objects).
- Experienced in managing audits with Big 4 firms, knows Software revenue recognition, and likes accounting research.
- Experienced in managing teams in a collaborative, engaged, enthusiastic manner.
- Analytical problem-solver, with ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive career experience, in IT / Professional Services industries, starting their career with large multinational company, progressing to Controller and Finance Director roles. Candidates for first FD role will be considered but require very high degree of personal accomplishments and intelligence.
- Excellent working experience in Forecasting, Revenue Recognition support (IT / Software / Professional Services), Commercial management, ability to apply GAAP knowledge to the business.
- Working experience in Global environment, especially with South America and Middle East regions.
- Solid knowledge of international taxation, capable to see big picture and support tax planning.
- Proven ability to solve problems and negotiate with tax authorities and vendors.
- Able to engage with the business teams, strong individual who will be capable to defend company’s best interests, both internally and externally.